Tuesday 4 January 2011

A moment on the lips but a lifetime on the hips


Last year, I was leading a pretty sedentary existence and enjoying more tasty morsels than one should and as is always the way, the pounds have slowly and slyly been packing themselves on about my person and a look in the mirror recently revealed a rather porcine, tubby and all round unpleasant vision. I've never been this heavy, there are bits of body that weren't there a year ago and I don't want to look like this. So, I have had to bite the bullet and do considerably less biting and chewing of delicious chocolates and pastries and instead put my body to the grindstone and start a rigorous diet and even some exercise.

I used to be quite a sprightly young thing in my youth but those days are long gone. My running technique is more of a waddle and if I came running or waddling past you in the park, you might wonder if some lecherous beast was coming upon you by the dreadful way I puff and pant along. Anyhow, when I saw this poster, I knew it described me perfectly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin