Thursday 9 September 2010

I went to Barry Island and all I got was ...

link


...a new job! No, not as one of those dodgy dudes who lurks about on the dodgems...

A few months ago I was contacted by a company who were creating a Channel 4 show called Make Do and Mend, they were looking for a co-presenter with a craft background and contacted me. I had to make a short video from which they would make their shortlist. I made the video, but didn't think I stood a chance not least because I had a nasty case of laryngitis on the video, so much was my surprise when they contacted me to ask me to visit their offices for a screen-test (cue mega freakout, I didn't even know what a screen-test was!) Anyway, after a couple of meetings with them and much nail-biting and waiting for the all-important call, I got the job!!! We started filming last week in Wales, which deserves its own post really, but suffice to say it was incredible and terrifying all at once, but I got through it thanks to a fantastic bunch of people without whose support I would no doubt have been on the train home faster than you can say Barry Island!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic news, congratulations!

Kat - Housewife Confidential said...

Oh hurrah, can't wait to see it! Kat x

Anna Stassen said...

Fantastic!! Huge congratulations....great to know there is a show about this in the works :D

Sneddonia said...

Well done :D

Bettyjoy said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments! Just hope I dont get kicked off after they show the pilot to the big bosses!

Kitsch and Curious said...

Just saw this - congratulations!
Looking forward to seeing it!

Joey's Dream Garden said...

hiya Lucia! A little bird told me you're going to be in a telly programme - can't wait! How totally exciting!! So are you going to be the next Martha Stewart? ;-)
This is my first ever visit to your blog, and I love it! I really like that cotton reel button idea, nice one. Might just have to try that!
Good luck with the pilot!
Best wishes, Joey x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin