Monday 10 August 2009

Sheffield City Guide


Sheffield, on the doorstep of the Peak District, is also reportedly the greenest city in Europe with more parks and green spaces than any other city and Broomhill the suburb I live in in Sheffield, was described as the prettiest suburb in England back in 1961 by John Betjeman.  Famous for its steelworks, the Full Monty and bands like the Arctic Monkeys and Pulp it has always been a vibrant and creative city and now that creativity has been given a boost by local organisations like Craft Candy and Sheffield Craft Mafia who host regular fairs and events. New businesses are popping up all the time and Sheffield feels like an exciting place to live. 

Away from the mayhem of Meadowhall (aka Meadowhell by locals) shopping centre and the mainstream shops in the city centre is a whole wealth of places to explore and be inspired by!  So here it is, my guide to super duper Sheffield.

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

MonjaHelene said...

How lovely it was to come across your blog!I lived in Sheffield for two years,and I absolutely love the place.We lived up in Totley,on the edge to the Peak District.(Nearly next door to the Totley Hall;))Sunday afternoons were often spent at the park in Chatsworth House;) or ecclesall road.I love your Sheffield guide,nice photos.By the way ,my location is norway,so I assume that you might struggle to read my blog ,but you may like the photos.Take care ,and thanks for sharing !:)Kind regards.

ThisIsKatieVW said...

Thank you for this little insight. I often find myself in Sheffield as I'm only down the road in Nottingham, and I will be exploring all the places you've pointed out! It's very exciting, I didn't know Sheffield was so quirky! Cheers! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin